1. The Fifth Moscow International Festival of Mountaineering and Adventure Films "Vertical"
takes place in Moscow, Russia, from April 5th to April 7th 2002. The aim of the Festival is to
present international production of mountaineering and adventure films and to encourage
development in this branch of film making.
2. The Festival Board invites the creators of films depicting all extreme kinds of mountain
sports, films depicting the beauty of mountain fauna and flora and also films relating to any
kind of adventure.
The Festival is open to all film makers: professional, free-lance or amateurs who may present
films created in 1995 to 2001. A film's duration should not exceed 60 minutes. Each competitor
may enter no more than three films. The films may be presented at other festivals too. But the
films which have already participated in Moscow International Festival can't participate in it
3. The pre-selection committee appointed by the Festival Board will select the entries for the
competition and classify them according to the categories. The categories are:
- Mountaineering films (all kinds of mountaineering sport);
- Mountain nature (mountain fauna and flora, music films);
- Sport-extreme(extremal projects relating to all mountain and adventure kinds of sport)
- Adventure films (all kinds of travelling and adventure, round the world sailing races,
balooning, underwater exploration and generally speaking, any subject embodying the spirit of
4. Admission of the films to the concourse is made by commission.
5. The productions presented to the competition are judged by the International Jury appointed
by the Festival Board. The Jury's decision is final. The Jury members are not allowed to enter
their own productions into the competition.
6. The following prizes may be awarded by the Jury:
- The Grand Prize of the Festival;
- Prizes for the best film in each category;
- The Public Choice Prize.
- Special prizes donated by public institutions, sports and other organizations and
Each production may be awarded more than one prize. Each production which enters the
competition will be given a certificate of participating in the Festival.
7. The productions must be submitted in videotapes - BETACAM SP (PAL). We shall be thankful for
videotapes VHS presented for the pre-selection. VHS-tapes will stay in the Festival's archive.
8. a) Applications for entering the Festival must be written on the official entry form and be sent before November 30th 2001, to the address:
109518, Russia, Moscow, Lublinskaja str. 5, c.2,
Moscow International Festival of Mountaineering and Adventure Films "Vertical".
Tel./fax: (007-095) 330-41-81, E-mail: email@example.com
The entry package should be labeled "Only for cultural purpose, no commercial value"
b) Every registered production (original film footage only at the owner's own risk) must arrive
at the Festival before November 30th 2001, in good technical condition.
c) Each production must be submitted on a separate tape.
d) The Board of the Moscow International Festival takes responsibility for the safety of
videotapes in post transmission.
e) Videotapes will be used for non-profit purposes.
9. a) Films are to be demonstrated in the original with translation into Russian and English
added. A duplicate copy of the dialogue in English or Russian must be submitted.
b) Each production must also be accompanied by a summary of the subject matter, three
photographs illustrating the film, a photo of the film's author and promotion materials. These
documents shall remain as the property of the Festival Board.
10. a)The producer (or owner of copyrights) is asked in the entry form if the Festival Board is
allowed to use the entered films, whole or parts of them, in the television in Russia free of
charge for the purposes of Festival's promotion.
b) The producer is asked in the entry form if the Festival Board is allowed to make a copy of
the entered film for the Festival archive. The archive is to be used only for non-profit making
11. The Festival is not a commercial organization. Monetary rewards are not provided. Two
representatives of each film are given 2 tickets for all Festival days.
12. a) The transport and insurance costs of the production from the country of its origin to
the city of Moscow are defrayed by the participant.
b) The producers themselves defray transport and other expenses.
c) The Festival Board will see that the films are handled with utmost care. After the end of
the Festival all the films will be immediately sent back to the address stated in the entry
forms, at the expense of the Festival.
13. Any complaints or disputes that may arise will be resolved by the Festival Board and its
decision is final.
14. Before the Festival the organizers of the Festival will make a magazine including the
information about films (synopsizes, photos) and the participants if there is any.
15. The entry of productions denotes full acceptance of all the articles of these regulations.
16.The Festival Board will help the producers conclude treaties with the Russian TV for
presenting their films.
11. а) (The cost of insurance of the film from the point of its receipt by the Festival to the
point of it being handed over to the transporter is defrayed by the organizers of the Festival.)
M o s c o w I n t e r n a t i o n a l Festival
of Mountain and Adventure Films "Vertical"
Chairman: YOURI BAIKOVSKI Tel./fax (007-095)330-41-81
109518, Russia, Moscow Lublinskaja str. 5, c.2
Tel/fax: (007-095) 330-41-81 E-mail:
YEAR OF PRODUCTION_________ CATEGORY________________________________
VIDEO: RUNNING TIME minutes
SYSTEM : VHS , S-VHS(PAL) , BATAKAM SP (PAL) .
DIALOGUES: YES (Language) , NO .
COMMENTARY: YES (Language) , NO .
SUBTITLES: YES (Language) , NO .
THE FILM HAS PARTICIPATED IN THE FOLLOWING FESTIVALS:
MY STATEMENT TO POINT 12. OF THE REGULATIONS:
(Allowing to use the whole entered film for the Festival's promotional purposes)
I AGREE , I DON'T AGREE .
(Allowing to use respectively parts of the film minutes for the Festival's promotional purposes)
I allow: I AGREE , I DON'T AGREE .
MY STATEMENT TO POINT 13. OF THE REGULATIONS:
( Allowing to make a copy of the entered film for the Festival's archive)
I AGREE , I DON'T AGREE
I agree with the regulations of the therd moscow international festival of mountain films.
After the festival the film should be sent to the following
DATE _________________ SIGNATURE__________________________
Please send the entry form and
text commentary (dialogue)
before November 30st 2001